Meeting with Nurlan Yermekbayev, Minister for Religious Affairs and Civil Society
During the meeting the Head of State was presented a report on the activities and future plans of the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Civil Society.
The President of Kazakhstan, noting the situation in the religious sphere, emphasized the role of the Ministry and the tasks assigned to it.
– We have not had such a ministry before. It is necessary to continue to build the work with religious communities, non-governmental sector and youth organizations, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State emphasized separately on the state’s policy towards religion and religious organizations, as well as on measures to combat religious extremism.
– There are all the conditions for all religious communities’ activity in our country; freedom of religion is guaranteed. We need to stay calm in this area. At the same time we should deal with the issue of religious extremism and review the legislation. Ministry has a lot of work to do, the President of Kazakhstan said.
N.Yermekbayev informed the President about the stability in the area supervised by him, noting that at present there more than 3,600 religious organizations operating in the country of 18 denominations. According to the Minister, most religious communities are Islamic.
N.Yermekbayev has also told the Kazakh leader on the Ministry’s work on forming the Kazakh model of interaction between the state and religious associations with preservation of inter-ethnic and inter-religious peace and harmony.
At the end of the meeting the Head of State has given a number of specific instructions.
7 March 2017
Meeting with representatives of Kazakhstan’s “Koktem Shuagy” Women’s Community
The Head of State, noting the inappreciable role of women in Kazakhstan society’s progress, congratulated women’s representatives on the upcoming international holiday on March 8.
– Today women of Kazakhstan make a special contribution to the state’s formation. Representatives of the beautiful half of humanity are working tirelessly in various spheres of our country’s economy, including public service, science, private business, education and health. 55 percent of civil servants in the country are women, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev touched upon aspects of the state’s demographic policy, focusing on issues of support and protection of motherhood and childhood.
– According to my instructions, the implementation of the Concept of Family and Gender Policy until 2030 begins this year. The amount of childbirth allowances will increase by 20 percent already in July. Annually, the cost of financial support for maternity and childhood is KZT 160 billion. Another KZT 120 billion to parents is paid from the State Social Insurance Fund. We have achieved a reduction in maternal mortality 3.7 times and children’s deaths by 1.5 times for ten years, the Head of State said.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan singled out a number of tasks aimed at strengthening the gender policy in the country, the first of which is the family institution strengthening.
In this context, the Head of State has noted the fact that every third marriage falls apart in Kazakhstan, in particular, due to unpreparedness of the spouses to be responsible.
– In our country there are half a million broken families, with just one parent. It is necessary to take measures to address the problem, Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed.
At the same time, the President of Kazakhstan turned attention to the need for uprooting any child bullying and for providing employment for the younger generation by strengthening patriotic education in special camps and institutions.
– In addition, we can consider the possibility of holding the All-Kazakhstan Children’s Olympiad every four years under the Olympic champions’ supervision. The next question is that the average income of women is still one-third lower than that of men. One of the reasons is the list of works approved by the Government, where the use of women’s labor is prohibited, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State described as the gender policy next priorities the need for creating comfortable environment for a mother and a child, as well as promoting culture of respect for motherhood.
– Perhaps, it is worth holding a National Open Day for children. I hope that we will be able to realize all our plans with your help, dear women, the President of Kazakhstan noted.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has expressed confidence that it is women who will play a big role in the process of the current political modernization.
The meeting participants shared their achievements both in professional and in daily activities.
At the end of the event, the Head of State awarded “Altyn Alka” pendant to O. Mukasheva, a mother of many children, and conducted a tour of Akorda residence for the meeting participants.
The meeting was attended by G. Abdykalikova, the State Secretary, Chairwoman of the National Commission for Women and Family-Demographic Policy under the President, A. Dzhaksybekov, the the Presidential Administration Head, Z. Baliyeva, the Majilis deputy of Parliament, Commissioner for Children’s Rights, M. Abylkasymova, Vice-Minister of National Economy, A.Ernazarova, an academic microbiologist, A.Shevchenko, the Almaty-2017 Universiade champion in biathlon, I.Sedova, the rural secondary school’s principal, Z.Kokzhanova, the president of “Zhas Atameken” Club of Young Entrepreneurs, T.Kabylsha, a poetess, M. Galitskaya, a holder of a master’s degree in the Zhurgenov KazNAA, Sh.Altybaeva, the HR Department general manager in Tengizchevroil LLP, K.Razieva, the regional hospital chief doctor, M.Bukanova, a leading ballerina of “Astana-Ballet” theater, O. Mukasheva, a mother of a large family, A.Tazhibaeva, a laureate of international contests for kobyz, N. Razzak, a chairperson of the specialized inter-district court for minors, O. Davydenko, a soloist of the Abay Opera House, R. Ramazanova, a senior specialist of the Parachute Training Center of Kazakhstan’s Armed Forces, S. Bakaeva, an actress, and V. Mirlankyzy, a journalist.
9 March 2017
Meeting with Yerlan Sydykov, Rector of the Gumilyov Eurasian National University
During the meeting Yerlan Sydykov informed the Head of State about the university’s activities over the last years, as well as the university’s everyday work.
The President of Kazakhstan pointed to the importance of training highly qualified personnel for Kazakhstan’s industrial development program.
– After the transfer of the capital to Astana, one of the first decisions was the formation of this educational institution, the prestige and authority of which grows together with the country’s main city. The Gumilyov Eurasian National University and the Al Farabi Kazakh National University are in the forefront of higher educational institutions of the country, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted.
In turn, the Rector said that at the university there are today more than 17 thousand students, most of whom are fluent in three languages. This factor contributes to the academic mobility of students.
– The University constantly generates a higher return from education and currently fills the 345th place in the world rating. Foreign teachers working at the university, as well as employers, note the high level of our students’ education. The Eurasian university occupies one of the first places in the republic by the criteria of its graduates’ employment. The Eurasian National University, according to QS World University Rankings (Great Britain), has entered the world’s top universities in “Physics”, E. Sydykov said.
Following the meeting, the Head of State has given a number of specific instructions.
9 March 2017
Visiting “Astanagenplan” Research and Design Institute
During the visit, the Head of State was presented the information on the ongoing work in the field of the capital city’s architecture and development.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has also got acquainted with the progress of a number of projects focused on the urban development, including infrastructure facility construction, as well as the places of socio-cultural and commercial purposes.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan has given a number of specific instructions.