March 6, 2019
Meeting on the implementation of social policy under the chairmanship of the Head of State
The meeting was attended by the Prime Minister A.Mamin, the head of the Presidential Administration A.Isekeshev, and the Deputy Prime Minister G.Abdykalikova.
Opening the meeting, Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed out the importance of high-quality implementation of measures aimed at improving well-being and improving the quality of life of Kazakhstanis.
– At the recent congress of the Nur Otan party we discussed in detail the steps in the field of social policy. I have proposed new large-scale measures to support the poor and socially vulnerable segments of the population. Today we will look at action plans for their implementation, ”said the President of Kazakhstan.
During the meeting, the Head of State was provided with information on the Government’s work plan for the implementation of the tasks set, including the legislative provision of social policy implementation.
Having heard the reports of the meeting participants, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the need to provide measures of social support to all the needy categories of the population.
– It is important to understand that funds allocated to support socially vulnerable citizens are formed at the expense of tax deductions. Therefore, it should be explained to everyone that the state, observing the appropriate balance, will always provide support to those in dire need, said the President of Kazakhstan.
The head of state stressed that socially vulnerable segments of the population, including large families, should feel the care of the state in the very near future.
“The needy needy citizens, large families should immediately receive social assistance from April 1 of this year,” said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that the assessment of the work of the heads of state bodies and akims of the regions will directly depend on the level of well-being and the quality of life of citizens.
The head of state emphasized the importance of taking timely measures to increase wages in the regions, implement systemic reforms in education and health care, increase the rate of housing construction and intra-district roads, as well as solve problems in the housing and utilities sector and the environment. In addition, special attention was paid to the aspects of the development and implementation of the “Utty Meken” and “Auyl-El Besigi” projects.
– Akims of the regions, Astana, Almaty and Shymkent need to keep the topical issues of the residents of the regions under personal control and take specific measures to fulfill these instructions. In addition, the main focus is also to ensure the effectiveness of the use of funds allocated for the implementation of social policy, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The head of state also stressed the need to improve the efficiency of economic policies and the active participation of the population in this process.
– First of all, people need to be provided with work. The task of the state apparatus is to focus efforts on the development of small and medium-sized businesses and the creation of jobs. This work should be carried out everywhere, in all cities, districts and villages, the Head of State said.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan instructed the Presidential Administration, in conjunction with the Nur Otan party, to continuously monitor the progress of the tasks assigned.
– The government, akims, the public, the Nur Otan party should engage in this activity in order to achieve real results. I will personally control this process, – concluded Nursultan Nazarbayev.