Villagers can get advice from narrow specialists remotely
Thanks to remote services, medical care is becoming more accessible for villagers. Consultations of narrow-profile doctors, including specialists from Kazakhstani and foreign scientific centers, can be carried out online right on the spot, without the need for the patient to leave his settlement.
Let’s tell you more about this feature.
When are medical services provided remotely?
Most likely, many have already faced the possibility of receiving medical assistance remotely, in particular, when making an appointment to a local doctor. This service is especially relevant during the period of a patient’s treatment for coronavirus. To monitor his condition and monitor the implementation of recommendations, the doctor can conduct another appointment using audio or video communication, and the patient does not need to go to the clinic for this. Also, remote services facilitate the possibilities of obtaining medical care for the rural population, which cannot always go to the district or regional center for consultation.Remote medical services are provided within the guaranteed volume of free medical care and in the system of compulsory social health insurance. To obtain them, you need a referral from your doctor.
Remote medical services are provided for the following types of medical care:
first-aid medical care;
primary health care;
specialized medical care;
Remote medical services are provided for the following reasons:
1) provision of advisory assistance, including by specialists from research institutes, research centers, university hospitals, as well as foreign clinics;
2) determination of the appropriateness of referring the patient to a face-to-face consultation;
3) provision of practical assistance by specialists of a higher level to specialists of polyclinics and rural health care;
4) assessment of the effectiveness of diagnosis and treatment, medical monitoring of the patient’s health;
5) clarification of the diagnosis, adjustment and determination of further tactics of patient management and the appointment of diagnostic procedures, treatment tactics;
6) determination of the possibility of transporting the patient, including the expediency of using medical aviation equipment;
7) organization of consultations in a remote form;
8) provision of medical rehabilitation services.
Remote services can be provided at home, outside a medical organization, as well as in outpatient, inpatient, hospital-substituting conditions, in sanatorium-resort organizations.
In what form are the services provided?
Remote services can be carried out:
• in an urgent form – in case of sudden acute diseases and conditions, exacerbation of chronic diseases that do not pose an obvious threat to the patient’s life. In such cases, they should be provided within a period of 3 to 24 hours from the moment the request is received by the consulting medical organization (depending on the schedule of its work).
• in a planned form – for diseases and conditions that are not accompanied by a threat to the patient’s life, a delay in the provision of which for a certain time will not entail a deterioration in the patient’s condition, as well as during preventive measures.
When providing a service in the mode of delayed consultations, a specialist remotely examines the patient’s medical documents and information about his health status. Then he prepares a medical report without direct communication with the attending physician and the patient. With the service in real time, the patient independently or a medical worker makes an appointment for a consultation or the provision of medical assistance in a remote format. The duration of the consultation depends on the work schedule of the consulting medical organization. When the deadline for the service comes in real time, the health worker communicates with the patient using a communication tool in the format of audio-visual contact.
Consultation at a distance level
It is especially important to use the remote form of providing services when organizing consultations in cases where there are no necessary experts in the village where the patient is located, who can assess the picture. When holding a consultation in real time, the attending physician or medical worker conducting the diagnostic study and the patient directly interact with the participants of the consultation through information and communication technologies.