The size of pensions and state benefits increased in Kazakhstan
Since January 1, 2021, in Kazakhstan, the size of old-age pensions has been increased by 7%, the size of the basic pension and state benefits have been increased by 5%.
In accordance with the law “On the republican budget for 2021-2023” from January 1, 2021, the size of pension payments for age and seniority has been increased by 7%, i.e. ahead of the inflation rate by 2%. At the same time, the size of the minimum old-age pension amounted to 43,272 tenge.
The size of the basic pension payment has been increased by 5%. From January 1, 2021, its minimum amount is 18,524 tenge.
As a result, the minimum pension, taking into account the basic pension payment, from January 1, is 61,796 tenge.
These increases affected 2.2 million pensioners.
In addition, from January 1, 2021, due to the change in the value of the subsistence minimum, the following types of benefits have been increased by 5%:
– State social benefits for disability and loss of breadwinner;
– State allowance for parents, guardians raising children with disabilities;
– State allowance for families (persons) caring for a disabled person of the 1st group since childhood.
In connection with the increase in the size of the monthly calculation index from January 1, the size of the following benefits has also been increased by 5%:
– state special allowances according to Lists No. 1 and No. 2;
– state allowance for caring for a child until he reaches the age of one year;
– one-time state allowance in connection with the birth of a child;
– special state allowances, state allowances for mothers with many children who were awarded the “Altyn Alka”, “Kumis Alka” pendants or who had previously received the title “Mother Heroine” and awarded with the Order of “Maternal Glory”;
– state benefits to large families with four or more minor children living together, including children studying full-time in organizations of secondary, technical and vocational, post-secondary, higher and (or) postgraduate education, after they reach the age of majority until the time of graduation educational organizations (but not more than until reaching the age of twenty-three);
– appointed but unpaid one-time monetary compensation to citizens who suffered as a result of nuclear tests at the Semipalatinsk nuclear test site and victims of massive political repression.
In accordance with the law “On Compulsory Social Insurance”, the size of social payments for cases of disability and loss of the breadwinner from the State Social Insurance Fund also increased by 5%.