Since the beginning of the year, 5.3 million passengers and 675.3 million tons of cargo were transported by road in Kazakhstan
For the 1st quarter of this year, 5.3 million passengers and 675.3 million tons of cargo were transported by road within the republic. According to international reports, 2.3 million tons of cargo were transported, of which export amounted to 640 thousand tons, import – 1.7 million tons. In addition, 380 thousand tons of transit cargo were transported.
Since 2020, carriers operating in socially significant areas are exempt from VAT for 3 years. The bill is being considered by the Majilis.
Currently, in the field of road transport, there are 3.5 thousand companies engaged in freight transportation, and 1000 companies on regular bus transport, with a fleet of more than 17.5 thousand vehicles.
The following measures have been taken in connection with the spread of COVID-2019 infection and the imposition of a state of emergency by the Ministry of Industry and Infrastructure Development:
– 117 regular bus routes with China, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Mongolia were suspended;
– international irregular and transit passenger traffic is prohibited;
– interregional and intercity passenger transportation to / from the regions where quarantine is introduced has been suspended;
– The work of bus stations and bus stations in the regions where quarantine is imposed has been suspended;
– akimats of regions, of Nur-Sultan, Almaty and Shymkent sent recommendations on limiting passenger transportation by road in the regions for the period of emergency;
– recommendations on the need to comply with sanitary measures when transporting goods in international traffic were sent to the competent transport authorities of foreign countries;
– 20 separate automobile checkpoints through the state border with China, Russia, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan were temporarily closed.
At the same time, it is worth noting that there were no restrictions on the transportation of goods by freight vehicles in international and domestic traffic.
In connection with the reduction or termination of routes, an expert assessment of the state of Kazakhstan bus carriers is being carried out to consider recommended measures to support the industry.