Passenger train traffic resumed
On May 13, 2020, at a meeting of the Interdepartmental Commission on Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Infection, a decision was made to resume the running of passenger trains within the country, the press- office of the MIID RK reports.
Passenger trains will be launched from June 1, 2020, in stages, taking into account the demand of the population and depending on the epidemiological situation in the regions.
In particular, 54 trains will be launched at the initial stage, in the following directions:
– Nur-Sultan – Almaty, Mangistau, Oskemen, Saryagash, Semey, Arkalyk, Pavlodar, Petropavl / Kyzyl tu, Uralsk, Zhezkazgan, Kyzylorda;
– Almaty – Shymkent, Pavlodar, Aktobe, Mangistau, Saryagash, Oskemen, Zhezkazgan, Urlalsk, Petropavlovsk;
– Kyzylorda – Semey;
– Kostanay – Karaganda, Arkalyk, Almaty;
– Karagandy – Zhezkazgan;
– Kyzylorda – Kokshetau, Petropavlovsk and suburban communications.
Sale of tickets starts on May 15, 2020.
For maximum protection of passengers and the train crew, transportation will be carried out in accordance with the recommendations of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor in transport, as well as with the following measures:
1) conducting pre-trip medical examination of train crew workers with measuring body temperature;
2) compulsory wearing of masks by conductors and passengers along the route;
3) maintaining the distance during landing and disembarkation;
4) an increase in the frequency of wet cleaning inside wagons along the route and disinfection at points of formation;
5) the prohibition of passengers traveling between cars of the train and leaving the compartment without an objective reason.