Minister of Health Alexey Tsoy about the epidemiological situation in the country
Today, Minister of Health Alexey Tsoy, Vice Minister of Health Azhar Giniyat, and Chairman of the Sanitary and Epidemiological Control Committee of the Ministry of Health Aizhan Esmagambetova spoke at a briefing at the Central Communications Service under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, where they spoke about the epidemiological situation in the country.
The situation with the incidence of coronavirus infection remains unfavorable throughout the world. In 220 countries of the world, 84 million cases of CVI have been registered, of which 1 million 840 thousand people died, which is 2.2%. In the Republic of Kazakhstan, 156 934 patients with a positive result of COVID-19 and 45 946 cases with CVI minus have been registered to date. The percentage of those who recovered increased to 87%, while in June-July this percentage did not exceed 60.
“The republic is in the low-risk zone – in the“ green ”zone. The Atyrau region remained in the high-risk zone or in the “red” zone. In the “yellow” zone or zone of moderate risk – 6 regions: North Kazakhstan, Akmola, Kostanay, Pavlodar regions, the city of Nur-Sultan, Almaty “, – said A. Tsoi
Today, diagnostics of CVI is carried out by 132 laboratories and 48 points of collection of biological material, with a total capacity of 100 thousand tests per day. More than 5 million studies have been carried out; laboratories conduct up to 40 thousand tests daily. Thus, the reserve capacity of the laboratories is 60 thousand studies. This power is currently being used to ensure the security of the elections.
“According to the daily monitoring of bed occupancy in the context of regions, as of January 3 of this year, 18 608 infectious beds were deployed in the Republic of Kazakhstan, employment in the republic is 27%. The number of intensive care beds in infectious diseases hospitals is 1,716, employment is 20%. The number of patients in the intensive care unit is 320, there is an increase of 1.3 times in comparison with the last month, ”the Minister noted.
Cases of coronavirus infection among newborns and children are monitored daily. From April 2020 to January 2, 2021, 7,492 children with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 were registered in the Republic of Kazakhstan, of which 134 were newborns, 6,550 recovered. Under the supervision of 942 children, of whom coronavirus infection is asymptomatic in 542 children, in a mild form – in 320 children, the state of moderate severity is observed in 80 children.
The Ministry monitors compliance with quarantine measures in the regions, which shows that violations of the quarantine regime continue. During the holidays since December 31, 804 raids were carried out, 4 618 objects were covered, including 71 objects with violations, 65 administrative fines were imposed. The main violations are the operation of objects activities of which are prohibited during the quarantine period, non-compliance with the restriction regime, and holding mass events.
In connection with the upcoming elections, to ensure the epidemiological safety of the electoral process, a Resolution of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor was adopted, which provides for:
Polling station requirements such as:
– at the entrance to the room temperature measurement by means of non-contact thermometers;
– availability of distance markings and signs along the route for voters;
– observance of the mask regime during the entire period of work of the election commission by all members of the commission, with a change every 3 hours;
– availability of hand sanitizers;
– arrangement of furniture and technical equipment at a distance of at least 1.5 – 2 meters from each other.
– observance of social distance at a distance of at least 1.5 – 2 meters;
– the presence of a separate room for isolating people in the event that they have an elevated body temperature (above 37 ° C);
Requirements for voters:
– when visiting a polling station, use a disposable medical or protective mask and hand sanitizer;
– Voters who are required to self-isolate in connection with undergoing treatment at home or who are quarantined due to coronavirus infection must notify an election commission member about this when they apply to vote outside the polling station.
Requirements for persons who will constantly be at polling stations:
– members of the election commission, observers, and proxies (according to the law “On elections”) in areas of high and moderate risk (“red”, “yellow” zone) must be examined in the period from 5 to 9 January this year and have a negative result PCR test.