May 14, 2018
Participation in the meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council
Sochi, Russian Federation
Presidents of the Republic of Belarus – A.Lukashenko, of the Kyrgyz Republic – S.Zhenenbekov, of the Russian Federation – V.Putin, of the Republic of Moldova – I.Dodon, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia N.Pashinyan and the Chairman of the Board of the ECE T. Sargsyan.
During the meeting, the parties discussed issues of strengthening economic cooperation within the framework of the economic union.
In his speech, the President of Kazakhstan separately focused on the results and prospects for further economic integration of the EAEC member countries.
The Head of State noted that integration processes make a significant contribution to the economic growth rates of the member states of the EAEC.
– This was promoted by positive dynamics in strategic sectors: in agriculture and industry. A significant “spurt” occurred both in foreign and in mutual trade. Over the past year, external and mutual trade within the framework of the EEA increased by 24.4% and 26.1%, respectively. The positive dynamics is also being preserved this year, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev emphasized the growth of the international authority of the economic association and pointed to the increased interest of foreign countries in developing trade and economic relations with the organization.
The head of state separately dwelt on the results of the meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council in a narrow format, during which issues of amending the statutory treaty, aspects of the international activities of the EAEC, as well as issues of ensuring the further development of the economic union were discussed.
The President of Kazakhstan proposed to form a special intergovernmental working group to work out a set of measures to analyze the implementation of decisions taken and promote the economies of the EAEC, taking into account the current difficult geo-economic conditions.
– It is also necessary to work out the possibility of implementing large infrastructure “megaprojects”. It is important to increase the role of the Eurasian Development Bank and the Eurasian Stabilization and Development Fund in the activities of our association. They should actively participate in the implementation of major projects, “said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
In addition, the Head of State suggested using the opportunities of the three international centers created on the basis of the “EXPO-2017” complex in the work of the EAEC.
– I invite the financial institutions of the EEA countries to use the opportunities of the International Financial Center “Astana”. In addition, the events of the financial block of the EEA, including meetings of the subsidiary and consultative-advisory bodies, should be held on the territory of the Expo. At the same time, within the framework of the digital agenda, I propose to organize the work of the “Office for Digital Project Management and Initiatives” within the framework of the EAES on the basis of the future International Technopark of IT Startups, “the President of Kazakhstan said.
In conclusion, the Head of State expressed his confidence that the implementation of the agreements reached during the meeting of the WEC will allow raising the cooperation of all member countries of the economic union to a higher level.
As a result of the meeting, a number of decisions and documents were adopted.
May 14, 2018
Meeting with President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin
Sochi, Russian Federation
During the meeting, the Head of State once again congratulated Vladimir Putin on his victory in the election of the President of the Russian Federation and wished him success in his responsible post.
– On the eighteenth of March this year, a historic event took place. You have won the confidence of the Russian people with tremendous triumph. In these difficult conditions, such trust is very much worthwhile, “the President of Kazakhstan noted.
Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed out the friendly and close nature of bilateral cooperation in trade, economic, investment and other important spheres and directions.
– Kazakhstan is the closest country with which Russia has the most exemplary relations and intensive economic ties. Our turnover is about 16 billion dollars. The creation of joint ventures is on the increase, – said the Head of State.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan noted that a high level of cooperation between the two countries contributes to the effective resolution of emerging issues in Kazakh-Russian relations.
– Kazakhstan is always near. We will always work together and overcome this difficult time, moving forward. Today there is a normal work in all directions. Between neighboring independent states there are always questions. We have developed close relations between governments and ministries. The arising problems should be solved calmly, without creating any excitement. We are allies, and the media of the two countries should work in the same way, “Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
V.Putin underlined that nowadays between the two states effective interrelations have been established in various spheres, and pointed out the positive dynamics of their development.