28 November 2016
Meeting with the heads in charge of the state media
Astana, Kazmedia Centre
The heads of the Presidential Administration, Ministry of Information and Communications and other government agencies also got involved in the meeting.
During the meeting the Head of the Nation has been presented reports of the managers of Kazakhstan’s state-sponsored media on the activities of the organizations they are in charge of.
The President of Kazakhstan was made aware of the achievements of the state media and pending plans for their growth. The Head of the State underscored the importance of preparing national high-quality media content, contributing to moral education of young people.
– The state media should be at work upon occupying its niche in the media market. There is need for more challenging and educational content, including the world culture and history, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In turn, the chiefs of the national media have told the President about the current state of affairs in Kazakhstan’s information environment and development prospects.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan has given a number of specific instructions, stressing the need for shaping achievement-oriented state-run media.
30 November 2016
Meeting with “KazMunayGas” JSC Board Chairman Sauat Mynbayev
Sauat Mynbayev reported to the President on the company’s results over the course of 9 months of 2016 and spoke about the immediate plans.
The meeting covered issues of production and financial activities, social services and the company’s new projects’ implementation.
The Kazakh President was briefed on the actualization of major projects in the oil and gas processing industry, including the expansion of Tengiz production capacity, the first stages of work at Kashagan and Karachaganak field development prospects.
The head of “KazMunaiGas” read a report that, despite the decline in oil prices, the volume of production and processing of oil has a dynamic growth.
Following the meeting the Head of State has given a number of detailed instructions.
30 November 2016
Telephone conversation with the United States President-elect Donald Trump
President of Kazakhstan congratulated Donald Trump upon victory in the election of the President and wished him success in the actualization of his electoral program.
In turn, the US President-elect brought congratulations to the Head of State on the 25th anniversary of Kazakhstan’s Independence. D.Trump stressed that under the leadership of Nursultan Nazarbayev our country over the years of Independence had achieved fantastic success that can be called a “miracle”.
Conversationally, they also shared their points on the issues of stability and security promotion in the world and the region of Central Asia.
The Head of State noted that Kazakhstan voluntarily renouncing its nuclear arsenal is ready to continue the struggle for a nuclear-free world together with the international community.
D.Trump extended complete solidarity with that stand.
– There is no more important issue than the nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation to be addressed in a global context, the US president-elect said.
In addition, Nursultan Nazarbayev brought to notice the three key areas in which it would be possible to deepen US-Russian cooperation: the fight against terrorism, the Ukrainian crisis settlement and the global nuclear security strengthening.
For his part, US President-elect underscored that taking into account the results of a telephone conversation with the Russian President Vladimir Putin, he is very optimistic about the prospects of developing cooperation between Washington and Moscow.
The sides declared determination of taking friendly Kazakhstan-American relations to a new level, including trade and economic partnership. D.Trump voiced interest in arranging a meeting between the two leaders in the closest future.
In the end the elected US President sent words of best wishes to the people of Kazakhstan on the eve of the 25th anniversary of the country’s Independence.
1 December 2016
Participation in the National Youth Forum
Astana, Palace of Independence
Forum has been attended by over 1000 people from all regions of Kazakhstan, including entrepreneurs, professionals of various fields of industry, scientists, students, famous athletes and leaders of the largest youth organizations.
In his speech, the President spoke about the troubled period of nation-building at the dawn of independence, turned attention to once-in-a-lifetime opportunity originating in the country for self-realization of young people, the importance of a quality education that meets modern requirements and challenges of a rapidly changing world.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that the country’s history of success is, above all, the story of its youth’s success.
– Focus on the younger generation, about its present and future, has always been the main point of my policy. Every young citizen of Kazakhstan has an opportunity to get a good education, a job, a family, to have own housing, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of the State also pointed to the launched “Professional Education for All” Program.
– The government makes it possible for everyone to get free first blue-collar job, a guaranteed place of employment, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev made it clear that great attention is paid to backing youth entrepreneurship within “Business Road Map 2020”.
– During the first half of 2016 financial support in the form of state subsidies of the interest rate on bank loans has been provided to 55 projects of young businesspeople. Our goal is for small and medium enterprises to produce more than half of Kazakhstan’s products, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan voiced special thanks to the participants of student and youth groups “Zhasyl El”.
– More than 250 thousand young people have taken part in the labor brigades. They planted nearly 50 million trees on 150 thousand hectares. They have a noble purpose – to make our country green and clean, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State pointed out that for the years of independence the number of young researchers and scientists has increased.
– Our young people have the opportunity to receive a world-class education in the Nazarbayev University. Today, the whole world is in front of the youth. You do live in challenging time, and you are growing along with the country coming with a wet sail down the road. The rules are such that everywhere – in the home country and on a global basis – there is an eternal mechanism of competition, Nursultan Nazarbayev concluded.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that at the same time transition to a knowledge-based economy provides flexibility, dynamism and growth sustainability.
– Therefore, Kazakhstan’s joining the 30 world’s developed countries shall be based on the formation of knowledge-based economy. The world comes into a new technological era. Its tendencies strike, admire and astonish and still firmly open a question of the country’s future. The future just issues an ultimatum: Evolve or Disappear! – Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State particularly settled upon new technologies related to the era, being the challenges for a society.
– The principal social challenge that lies behind these innovations is the mass extinction of many professions, mass job cuts, and thus the global job deficit. In that regard, particular relevance acquires “Society of Universal Labor” idea previously put forward by me, which is organically linked with the innovation programs of industrialization, “Nurly Zhol”, and the Nation’s Plan “100 Specific Steps”, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Also Nursultan Nazarbayev focused on youth innovation, gaining strength in the university environment in developed countries.
– I consider it important to create the same favorable environment in Kazakhstan’s student community for the growth of start-ups. We already have the first successful examples in the country’s leading universities. One should widen the experience. And it is the task for the Ministry of Education and Science, heads of universities and the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs, he said.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan pointed to manifold opportunities for employment and enterprise development in the sphere of tourism, construction, public services, light industry and agriculture.
At the same time, Nursultan Nazarbayev welcomed the athletes, creative young people and all young artists.
– I wish you worthily represent Kazakhstan in the framework of the cultural program and the work of volunteers at the EXPO-2017 international exhibition “Energy of the Future”, he said.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan wished everyone good health, happiness and well-being, emphasizing that all the achievements are owing to the state of stability, peace and friendship among more than 100 ethnic groups in our country.
Astana Maslikhat deputy A.Oralov, “Bolashak” grant holder, theater and film actress A.Alimzhan, “Zerde National ICT Holding” JSC Board chairperson A.Zhienbaeva, the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan activist M.Spotkay, the Asian IT Conference 2016 winner S.Naukenov, “Kazakhstan Aluminum” JSC economist A.Dosanova, «Open Technologies Group» founder K.Ahmetov, “Damu Entrepreneurship Development Fund” JSC Board chairman K.Tuleushin, “Zhasyl El” private institution head R.Hamidullin, the Karaganda State University “Laboratory of Robots and Smart Machines” head N.Esmagambetov, the champion of international chess tournaments D.Saduakasova, a businessman and director of “OTAN Kazakhstan Watch Company” A.Toksanbaev, Ludwig Maximilian University doctoral student in Munich K.Abdieva and «TERRAPOINT» LLP engineer D.Homenko have taken the floor.
2 December 2016
Meeting with Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Dmitry Rogozin
The meeting reviewed the progress of Kazakhstan and Russia Governments’ work on further development of the Baikonur Cosmodrome, and defense and armaments.
– We have already discussed the issue of setting up joint ventures in the field of defense industry. To this end, we have established a separate ministry, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In turn, the Vice-Premier of the Russian government in detail informed the President of Kazakhstan on the technical aspect of “Baiterek” future project.
– This project is aimed at creating a conceptually new rocket and space technology and modernization of the launch complex. In case of formalizing the arrangements reached by the Heads of the two states with respect to the project it opens a favourable development prospect for the city of Baikonur and the launch complex, Dmitry Rogozin said.
The President has noted the promotion of Kazakh-Russian relations in other sectors of the economy as well.