1 May 2017
Nursultan Nazarbayev’s congratulation on May 1, Unity Day of Kazakhstan’s Nation
I heartily congratulate you on May 1, Holiday of Unity of the People of Kazakhstan!
On this day we pay honor to our invaluable heritage – creative friendship of our citizens for the benefit of our dear land.
The nation’s unity and solidarity are the firm foundation of all our achievements and victories. We have become an honoured and strong state owing to mutual understanding of the country’s different ethnic groups, united in a single unit under the arches of the Kazakh shanyrak.
Stability and harmony is a continuous process, requiring close attention and participation from each of us. Understanding this important truth contributes to the harmony of peace and good in our common home, the Republic of Kazakhstan.
I am confident that the initiated systemic renewal of society that has begun will help consolidate the roots of our unity and will become the basis for our new great achievements.
I wish everyone good health, success in work, happiness and prosperity for each family!
29 April 2017
Telegram of condolences to Almazbek Atambaev, President of the Kyrgyz Republic
The Head of State has taken with great sadness the news of loss of life as a result of the landslide in the Osh region.
Nursultan Nazarbayev from the entire nation of Kazakhstan and on his own behalf expressed sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the bereaved.
29 April 2017
Visit to Caspian Food LLP
Presidents of Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan during the joint visit to Caspian Food LLP were presented information on the company’s activities in the field of wine trade.
The heads of the two states got acquainted with the technological line of receiving grapes via fermentation cycle, and also inspected the distillation and bottling production facility.
Nursultan Nazarbayev and Shavkat Mirziyoyev were shown zones of planting vineyards and walnuts.
The plant has the necessary facilities for manufacturing white and red wines, as well as a laboratory for quality control of the wine material produced. The production cycle is in accordance with the best European standards.
29 April 2017
Meeting with Shavkat Mirziyoyev, President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Nursultan Nazarbayev met with Shavkat Mirziyoyev within the framework of the working visit of the President of Uzbekistan to Kazakhstan. During the meeting the sides have discussed the matters of actualizing the agreements reached between the two countries during the state visit of the Uzbek leader this March.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that since the previous meeting there had been an increase in business activity between the two countries.
⁃ There is an increase in the level of business relations in various economic sectors in the first quarter of the current year. One should emphasize transport and logistics, auto industry, as well as regional cooperation. The trade turnover for the first three months of 2017 has increased by 37%, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
In turn, Shavkat Mirziyoyev pointed out the fact that the intensity of bilateral meetings directly affects the effectiveness of interstate relations.
– After my visit in March of this year, we adopted the Road Map for all areas of joint activities. Meetings at the level of ministers and regional leaders have become more frequent, said the Uzbek leader.
In addition, the President of Uzbekistan thanked Nursultan Nazarbayev for the assistance rendered in the matter of oil transportation from the Russian Federation.
In conclusion, the heads of the two states expressed their confidence in preserving and further developing the positive dynamics of the Kazakh-Uzbek cooperation.
24 April 2017
Meeting with Dmitry Pankin, Chairman of the Eurasian Development Bank Management Board
During the meeting, the Head of State was given information on the Bank’s activities, as well as prospects and priorities for its further development.
Nursultan Nazarbayev, noting the purpose of establishing the EDB and its tasks at present, stressed the importance of financing integration projects.
– The Bank’s main founders are Kazakhstan and Russia. The Bank was created in the interests of the Eurasian Economic Union. The chosen direction of work is correct. I propose to consider the possibility in Kazakhstan to issue more loans in tenge, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Kazakh leader also proposed to consider the issue of loans on co-financing terms for projects initiated by the EEU member countries.
– The Bank would co-finance common transit-infrastructural, water and agrarian projects; projects that will work for all participating countries. This, first of all, depends on the activity of the Eurasian Economic Commission, which should offer such projects, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
Dmitry Pankin also reported to the President of Kazakhstan on the progress in concluding agreements on new projects, as well as on the state of the loan portfolio of the Bank, which has grown substantially by the end of the year.
24 April 2017
Meeting with Bakhyt Sultanov, Finance Minister
During the meeting, the Head of State listened to the information on implementation of the goals set for the country’s financial and fiscal system in the Address “Third Modernization of Kazakhstan: Global Competitiveness”.
Nursultan Nazarbayev, noting the importance of increasing the country’s level of economic development, focused on fulfilling three key tasks.
– Firstly, it is necessary to raise revenues to the budget via cultivation of appropriate mechanisms. If necessary, foreign experience should be studied. Secondly, there is need for reducing government spending. Thirdly, it is necessary to use the allocated budget effectively. For the government, the efficiency of Finance Minister’s activities directly depends on how he performs these functions, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State stressed that in the conditions of economic recession and reduction of incomes, the Finance Ministry needs to work out additional mechanisms for replenishing the budget and ensure safe parameters of the state debt.
– The economic growth is mainly at the expense of the National Fund. Many organizations are only waiting for these funds for further development. The Finance Ministry should limit and control this process. We need to increase our National Fund, Nursultan Nazarbayev instructed.
Bakhyt Sultanov also reported to the Head of State on the steps being taken by the institution to preserve financial stability, fulfill social obligations, reduce inspections and reduce the burden on the business sector, improve the system of public procurement, and introduce preventive measures in the system of state audit.
27 April 2017
Visit to “The Assembly of the People of Kazakhstan” regional building
South Kazakhstan, Shymkent city
The Head of State inspected “Kazakh Eline Myn Algys” monument, erected in front of the regional building of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan. The monument was built on the initiative of 20 ethno-cultural associations of the region and is a symbol of gratitude and purity of thoughts of different ethnic groups to the Kazakh people.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted that the main wealth of independent Kazakhstan is friendship of nations and nationalities in a poly-ethnic state.
The President of Kazakhstan inspected the building of the Assembly, which also houses “Kogamdyk Kelisim” state institution and the regional ethno-cultural centers.
During the visit, the Head of State was shown “Birligimiz Zharaskan” musical number, performed by representatives of ethno-cultural associations.
27 April 2017
Visiting “Gold Aluminum” LLP
South-Kazakhstan, Shymkent city
During the working trip the Head of State got acquainted with the activities of Gold Aluminum LLP, specializing in manufacturing aluminum profiles for windows.
The President of Kazakhstan surveyed information stands and expositional working diagrams, and also got acquainted with the plant schedule.
– Generation of own production and substitution of imported goods is one of the crucial tasks at
this stage of the country’s economic development, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan had a talk with the plant’s employees and wished them fruitful work and professional achievements.
The enterprise was launched within the framework of the Industrialization Map in 2014. The volume of products produced by Gold Aluminum LLP in 2016 was about 750 tons of aluminum profiles. They are exported to the countries of the near abroad.
27 April 2017
Visit to “DALA-FRUIT.KZ” LLP
South Kazakhstan, Sairam district
The President of Kazakhstan got acquainted with the activity directions in “DALA-FRUIT.KZ” LLP, which specializes in cultivation, storage and sale of apples using high technologies.
During the visit, the Head of State was informed about socio-economic indicators of the region’s development, and samples of an agricultural exhibition were also presented to his attention.
⁃ As recently as 10-15 years ago it was difficult to imagine that we will be able to produce such a variety of products on our own. Now it is already reality, said the President of Kazakhstan.
In conclusion, the Head of State wished the present well-being and achievement of high production factors.
“DALA-FRUIT.KZ” Partnership grows 8-10 thousand tons of apples a year. In its activities the company uses the best world practice in the field of horticulture.
27 April 2017
Meeting with the public of South Kazakhstan region
South Kazakhstan, Sairam district
Opening the meeting, the Head of State noted the region’s unique historical and cultural characteristics.
⁃ South Kazakhstan is an area that has preserved our national foundations. It is a land of saints, a land with rich cultural traditions, where Khoja Ahmed Yassawi and al-Farabi left their legacy. At present 16% of the country’s total population live in this region, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that the history of the southern regions can be justifiably called the history of the entire Kazakhstan.
⁃ Only in South Kazakhstan region there are over 800 historical and cultural monuments. Most of the world’s most famous exhibits are here. The cities of Turkestan, Otrar, Sairam, Sauran, the Mausoleums of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi and Arystan Bab are our pride. Here the name of each elevation and foothills, rivers and lakes is a history. Martobe, Kultobe and Ordabasy are sacred symbols of unity and cohesion, which influenced our nation’s preservation. It is necessary that all that remains in the consciousness of subsequent generations. Young people should be instilled with a sense of patriotism, love for the Motherland, native land, stressed Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The President of Kazakhstan again pointed out the relevance of full implementation of trilingualism in the country and dispelled the existing doubts about the change of the alphabet.
⁃ It is necessary to actively learn English, which is going to be used in many business areas. This is the sign of the time, which is out of our control, Nursultan Nazarbayev shared.
During the meeting, the Head of State singled out a number of problematic issues of the region’s progress.
⁃The region remains subsidized before now. Within the regional budget the last year own revenues account for only one-fifth, the republican budget revenue receipts exceeded 80%. Steps are not taken to reduce the burden on the republican budget and increase the share of own revenues, said the President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev drew attention to the need of providing assistance to business on a permanent basis.
⁃ By this year’s Address I charged to develop measures aimed at improving the business environment. It is necessary to work out issues coming from the time taken to consider approval documents on allotment of additional land, renewal of lease, and change in the purpose of its use. All these procedures should be transparent, without cases of red tape and paperwork. Entrepreneurship development and financial stability preservation should become an important mechanism in the region’s self-sufficiency, the Head of State said.
Along with that, the President of Kazakhstan pointed to the need for taking systematic measures to attract investment.
⁃ Total volume of investments was reduced at the end of 2016. And the region has all the prerequisites for growth of agriculture, processing industry, and tourism, summed up Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The President of Kazakhstan particularly fixed on the significance to develop the region’s tourism potential.
⁃ In my article “Future Outlook: Improvement of Public Consciousness” I have charged to work out “Spiritual Sacred Relics of Kazakhstan” Project, when implementing it we must rely on the cultural and historical heritage of Kazakhstan. South Kazakhstan region has a huge tourist potential with a unique pristine nature and large cultural and historical values. Therefore, it is necessary to create a highly efficient and competitive tourist infrastructure, the Head of State addressed the present.
The President of Kazakhstan pointed to the need for initiate fundamental measures on improving the population employment, in particular, for the youth.
⁃ It is not always important to graduate from a prestigious university; it is important to get a specialty that is in demand in the labor market. This is especially true in the era of information technology, digitalization and computerization of production. In the near future, 50% of current professions are not in demand. Therefore, we must always keep pace with the times and adapt, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
Also, the President of Kazakhstan recalled the resettlement from the surplus regions program actual in the country.
⁃ The Program works well in your area. I know that you are hardworking people, and moving to the northern and eastern regions; you are making your feasible contribution to the country’s development and its future. We must continue working in this direction. I instruct the regional akim together with the Cabinet to bring in measures on increasing the level of the population employment and its resettlement, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that construction, pharmaceutical and transport-logistics clusters are being formed in the region, and light industry enterprises are developing.
⁃ In view of the region’s characteristic aspects, under the Third Modernization, it is also necessary to cultivate processing of agricultural products and export manufactures. We need to develop new growth points – anchor projects, and first of all, in the regional center, stressed Nursultan Nazarbayev.
In addition, the Head of State outlined the importance of realizing the agricultural sector’s potential.
⁃ It is critical to take full advantage of the Program’s possibilities for the agro-industrial complex growth. The main directions are increasing the yield of agricultural products, supporting domestic producers, and applying modern agricultural technology, said the President of Kazakhstan.
In turn, citizens of South Kazakhstan expressed their full support for the provisions of the President’s article “Future Outlook: Improvement of Public Consciousness” and thanked Nursultan Nazarbayev for considerate attention to the region.
Also within the framework of the meeting Zhanseit Tuimebayev, akim of South Kazakhstan, reported on the region’s socio-economic state and its development prospects.
At the end of the meeting, the Head of State wished everyone success and further prosperity.
26 April 2017
Meeting with singer Dimash Kudaibergenov
Palace of Peace and Harmony
Before the beginning of the XXV session of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan, the Head of State met with the Kazakh singer Dimash Kudaibergenov at the Palace of Peace and Harmony.
During the conversation the President of Kazakhstan congratulated Dimash Kudaibergenov with the victory at the international competition in China, wishing him well-being and great success.
– You are endowed with a unique talent. Maintain it. I wish you promising future. Let the energy in you not atrophy to serve your people. You are invited everywhere. Robust health is necessary for that purpose, Nursultan Nazarbayev has given his parting words to the young talent.
In turn, Dimash Kudaibergenov thanked the Head of State for the support provided and shared his plans for the future.
At the end of the meeting, the President of Kazakhstan wished the young singer new achievements in his creative career.
26 April 2017
Meeting with film director Akan Sataev
Palace of Peace and Harmony
The Head of State had a talk with the Kazakhstani director about the current state of the national cinematography.
The President of Kazakhstan noted the timeliness of forming a united nation and building a new capital of an independent republic in the process of making new pieces of screen.
Nursultan Nazarbayev shared views on shooting historical paintings and said about future ways of the national cinema development.
Akan Sataev informed the Head of State about the plans for his further activities in cinematography.
At the end of the meeting, the President of Kazakhstan wished the film director creative achievements and successful movies.
26 April 2017
Participation in the XXV Session of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan
Palace of Peace and Harmony
The current session, key positions on the agenda of which have been “Stability, Unity, Consent are Basis of Modernization” was attended by over 1,500 people. Among them are members and veterans of the Assembly from all regions, chairpeople of republican and regional ethno-cultural associations, the Parliament deputies, heads of central executive bodies, political parties, religious associations, NGOs, university presidents, representatives of diplomatic missions, scientific, creative intelligentsia and the media.
Speaking to the event participants the Head of State stressed that 2017 is unique and special in the history of independent Kazakhstan.
– The system modernization has come to the forefront of all our work this year. First, we have launched the economic modernization. Secondly, we started political modernization. Thirdly, we proceed to improve public consciousness. As you know, my article “Looking into Future: Ways to Improve Public Consciousness” is devoted to that, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan drew attention to the main purpose of the Program article and shared his vision of Kazakhstan’s society evolution.
– First of all, I have designated the image of a Kazakhstani – how I would like to see him. First, it is a creative personality, competitive in the global world. Secondly, it is a pragmatist and realist, focused on achieving specific goals. Thirdly, it is a person who has strengthened national identity and abandoned everything that hinders the nation’s development. Fourthly, this person is at the peak of global knowledge, for which the cult of education is of paramount importance. Fifthly, it is a conscious citizen who clearly understands – only evolutionary growth gives people a chance to prosper. Sixthly, it is an open-minded person, a multilingual intellectual poised for change and apprehending best practices, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the role of the National Commission for Public Consciousness Improvement, stressing the importance of in-depth study of the provisions put forward in the Program article.
The President of Kazakhstan expressed his confidence that the APK would take an active part in modernizing public consciousness and listed a number of projects in which the members of the Assembly could realize their potential.
– In the first place, great opportunities open to the Assembly in “Little Motherland” – “Tugan Zher” Project. Secondly, “100 New Individuals of Kazakhstan” Project has the most direct relation to the APK. How many of our remarkable contemporaries and the Assembly activists work for the good of the country. Such people should be known regardless of ethnic, regional, gender, or religious affiliation. The criterion here is one – contribution to Kazakhstan’s progress. Thirdly, the Assembly can participate in “Modern Kazakhstan Culture in the Global World” Project, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev also noted the relevance of the “Humanities New Knowledge” Project for generating the young people’s consciousness.
– This is going to be the best textbooks translated into Kazakh from the world’s leading languages. There are brilliant textbooks on philosophy, sociology, economics, culturology, oriental studies in English, Russian, French, Spanish and other languages. I am sure that including this scientific block in the educational process will raise it to a new level, the President of Kazakhstan shared his vision.
The Head of Sate drew the attention of those present to the current global risks facing the state and society, and instructed central and local state institutions to develop new, non-standard solutions to preserve peace and harmony in the country.
– Society and citizens should know that peace and stability do not develop on their own. The state firmly keeps its hand on the pulse of interethnic and interdenominational processes. The Assembly, all state bodies conduct daily painstaking work to strengthen national unity, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan, noting the correctness and timeliness of the measures taken, determined a number of new tasks for the APK and state authorities.
– Task 1. It is necessary to form public consciousness that meets the challenges of systemic modernization. Everyone should be involved in the process: the state and civil society, education and the social sphere, private business and the media, the Head of State instructed.
As Task 2, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the need to strengthen civic identity and ensure unity and harmony. In this regard, the President of Kazakhstan has given a number of specific instructions.
– I instruct the Religion and Civil Society Ministry jointly with the regional akims to work out a plan for the activities of the Assembly’s Public Consent Councils at all levels on countering religious extremism for 2017-2018. It is also necessary to regulate the work of the APK Public Consent Councils and develop clear criteria for their activities. In addition, I instruct the Cabinet, Akimats and the APK to submit proposals on cultivating charity, ensuring its transparency. Akims of the regions, cities of Astana and Almaty should strengthen the new directions of the APK work – the Councils of public cnsent, charity and mediation, the Head of State gave instructions.
During the session, Nursultan Nazarbayev paid special attention to information work and instructed to create a multifunctional multimedia portal of the APK in 2018, as well as an interactive historical map titled “The People of Kazakhstan”.
– The electronic map will visually and in detail show the process of consolidation of all nationalities on the ancient Kazakh land, taking into account the special, state-forming mission of the Kazakh nation. I instruct the Education and Science Ministry together with the APK to work out such an interactive map on a scientific basis and present it on the Day of Gratitude next year, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has also called on representatives of business, creative and scientific intelligentsia to take part in the “Little Motherland” Project and to direct their efforts to support their fellow countrymen in villages.
The APK scientific-expert group chairman, the head of the labor safety department, a dock-mechanic of the loading and unloading complex, a poet, a journalist, the head of the nephrology department of the children’s hospital, a theologian, the chairman of “National Volunteer Network”, the director of Kazakhstan’s cultural center in Rosario (Argentina), the head of a public organization, an entrepreneur-investor and a student of a higher educational institution were listened to at the event.
The Head of State noted the profound meaning of the speeches of the Assembly members and invited the media representatives to conduct their in-depth analysis.
In conclusion, the Head of State congratulated all people of Kazakhstan on the upcoming holiday of Unity of the People of Kazakhstan, wishing peace, good and prosperity.
During the session, the Head of State signed the Order appointing Sergey V. Vishnyak, the APK member and the chairman of the Aktobe Oblast Conciliation Council, and Abilfas M. Khamedov, a member of the APK Council, the chairman of the “Association of Azerbaijanis” Republican Public Association as the Deputy Chairmen to the APK Chairman.
Concluding the work of the Assembly’s 25th session, the Assembly has adopted an appeal noting that public consciousness improvement is a natural and objectively necessary process that gives integrity to the whole development strategy of Kazakhstan.
The Head of State has enjoyed the gala concert upon completion of the Session.