March 24, 2018
Official visit to the United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
After the ceremony, Nursultan Nazarbayev held talks with Crown Prince Abu Dhabi, Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan in an expanded format.
The President of Kazakhstan thanked Muhammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan for the warm welcome.
– It is symbolic that my visit is taking place on the 100th anniversary of the founder of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. I had the honor to be acquainted with your father, “said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The head of state noted that fraternal relations and fruitful meetings give a new impetus to the development of relations between two countries.
“Due to the implementation of mutual agreements only in 2017, trade has doubled from $ 374 to $ 643 million, and since 2015 – six times,” the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed the positive effect of introducing a visa-free regime between the countries and noted that the parties are interested in further deepening cooperation in the field of investment protection, space technologies, hydropower, petrochemicals, agriculture and digitalization.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan conveyed greetings to the President of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and invited the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to pay an official visit to Kazakhstan.
In turn, Muhammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan thanked Nursultan Nazarbayev for accepting the invitation to make an official visit.
– On my own behalf and on behalf of my people, let me welcome you to the land of the United Arab Emirates. I hope that your visit will be successful. Today we will sign a package of important bilateral documents. For my part, I express readiness for all-round cooperation, “said Muhammad bin Zayed Al Nahayan.
During the official visit, the following bilateral documents were signed between the parties:
– Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the United Arab Emirates on the promotion and mutual protection of investments;
– Memorandum on the basic conditions for cooperation in the construction of an integrated gas chemical complex in Atyrau oblast (production of polyethylene);
– Memorandum of Understanding on the repurchase / acquisition of a stake in a polypropylene plant in the Atyrau region;
– Framework agreement on the main principles for the acquisition of a 49% stake in the joint stock company of the special economic zone “Aktau Sea Port”;
– Framework agreement on the basic principles of DP World’s participation in the capital of the joint stock company “Khorgos-East Gate” Special Economic Zone Management Company;
– Agreement on participation in the World Expo-2020 in Dubai.