August 9, 2018
Meeting with Prosecutor General Kairat Kozhamzharov
During the meeting, the Head of State was provided with a report on the activities of law enforcement agencies of the country and the execution of these instructions earlier.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that the prosecutors were given a task to implement higher supervision of observance of the rights, legitimate interests of citizens and the implementation of legislation.
– Nowadays all measures have been taken to ensure legality in the country: law enforcement agencies and the judicial system have been reformed, and relevant laws have been adopted, including protecting businesses from unreasonable inspections. Only their qualitative execution is necessary, – Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The head of state stressed the importance of continuing work on humanizing criminal legislation and indicated that the number of prisoners in Kazakhstan decreased by 35 percent.
In turn, Kairat Kozhamzharov informed the President of Kazakhstan about the ongoing work to reform the criminal process and noted that due to this activity, the common crime in the country in comparison with the previous year was reduced to 10 percent.
– The prosecution authorities take systematic measures to protect legal rights and legitimate interests. During the six months of this year, inspections were carried out in the sphere of observance of labor rights, land relations, tariff legislation, which resulted in the protection and restoration of the rights of more than three million citizens, “Kozhamzharov said.
Following the meeting, Nursultan Nazarbayev gave a number of specific instructions.
August 7, 2018
Meeting with the leadership of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan
During the meeting, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted that for 25 years, thanks to the efforts of the state and personnel, the Armed Forces of Kazakhstan, which have a serious military potential, have become a reliable support for the country’s independence.
– In recent years, much has been done in the development of the Armed Forces. A number of important strategic documents were adopted, including the National Security Strategy, the Military Doctrine of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Concept for the Development of the Armed Forces, as well as regulatory and legal acts in the field of defense, “the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan pointed out that in the light of changing the geopolitical situation and the formation of new challenges, one of the main tasks of the Ministry of Defense is technological upgrading and modernization of weapons.
– Therefore, I decided to appoint a civilian – security assistant, the Secretary of the Security Council – Yermekbayev Nurlan Bauzakovich to be the Minister of Defense. At the same time, N. Yermekbayev – a career officer, has experience of military service, also in hot spots. He was an assistant for international affairs, Kazakhstan’s ambassador to the PRC and several countries of South-East Asia, minister, twice appointed Secretary of the Security Council, “said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The head of state stressed the need to improve the training of military personnel, taking into account modern requirements.
– I want to thank Colonel-General Saken Adilkhanovich Zhasuzakov for the impeccable service and instruct him to head the National Defense University. Before the university, there are big tasks to upgrade the skills of the command staff of the Armed Forces and the development of military science. The university should become the main scientific and educational center, where students will be trained not only from our country, but also from neighboring countries, “the President of Kazakhstan said.
In conclusion, Nursultan Nazarbayev gave a number of specific instructions on the further development of the country’s Armed Forces.
August 4, 2018
Telegram of condolences to the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin
The Head of State took with deep sorrow the sad news about the tragic death of people as a result of the crash of the Mi-8 passenger helicopter in the Krasnoyarsk Territory.
“Sharing the irreplaceable loss, on behalf of the people of Kazakhstan and on my own behalf, I ask you to convey the words of condolences and support to the relatives and friends of the deceased,” the telegram reads.
August 3, 2018
Meeting on preparations for the Fifth Caspian Summit
The meeting was attended by the Head of the Presidential Administration A.Dzhaksybekov, the Minister for Foreign Affairs K.Abdrakhmanov, the Assistant to the President N.Onzhanov, the Minister of Defense S.Zhasuzakov and representatives of the central state bodies.
During the meeting, issues of preparation for signing the Convention on the Legal Status of the Caspian Sea and other agreements were discussed, as well as a schedule of forthcoming international events with the participation of the Head of State.
– For many years we were preparing for the holding of the Caspian summit. Our experts have done a great job with their foreign colleagues. In addition, a meeting of the heads of the founding states of the International Fund for Saving the Aral Sea will be held in Turkmenistan, where we should also take part, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
During the discussion, the report of Foreign Minister K.Abdrakhmanov on the preparations for the Fifth Caspian Summit was heard.
– Within the framework of the Fifth Caspian Summit, it is planned to complete the process of multi-year negotiations on the legal regime of the Caspian Sea. The key document of the summit will be the Convention on the Legal Status of the Caspian Sea, the adoption of which will allow resolving the entire complex of issues related to the rights and obligations of the coastal states in the use of the Caspian Sea, – K. Abdrakhmanov reported.
Nursultan Nazarbayev emphasized the importance of the Convention in strengthening mutually beneficial economic relations between the Caspian countries.
At the end of the meeting, the Head of State instructed to continue work on preparations for the Fifth Caspian Summit.