Electronic visa is introduced in Kazakhstan
ASTANA, December 31, 2018 – Since January 1, 2019, a procedure for obtaining a single-entry visa for foreigners in electronic format has been implemented in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
An electronic visa (business, tourist and for treatment) is issued on the basis of a valid invitation from the Kazakh side, drawn up in the migration service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the prescribed manner.
Foreigners can enter / leave the territory of / from the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan using a valid electronic visa only at checkpoints of the international airports of Astana and Almaty.
Tourist e-visas are issued to citizens of 117 states, business and for treatment – 23 states (the list of countries is attached).
The electronic visa is valid only for the recipient of the visa and does not apply to accompanying persons.
Paid consular fees are non-refundable.
Passport provided by the recipient of a visa must meet the following criteria:
1) not cause doubts about the authenticity and affiliation of its owner, contain marks on the extension, reservations, records, erasures and corrections, torn or embroidered pages;
2) have at least 2 blank pages;
3) it expires no earlier than 3 months from the expiry date of the requested visa.
The recipients inform the migration service authorities of the foreign citizens staying with them within three working days from the date of their arrival (this service is available online at the Visa and Migration Portal).
Step-by-step e-visa registration algorithm
– to obtain an electronic visa, you must register on the website of the Visa-Migration Portal (www.vmp.kz);
– after registration, familiarize yourself with the requirements for obtaining an electronic visa;
– enter the invitation number (sent by the inviting party in the Republic of Kazakhstan) and fill in the visa application form;
– pay the consular fee;
– print the electronic visa (the visa is formed in the personal account and sent to the email address specified when filling out the questionnaire);
– present a printed electronic visa when passing through passport control at international airports in Astana and Almaty.
List of countries
whose registration is possible
single entry visas for entry into the Republic of Kazakhstan
Antigua and Barbuda
Burkina Faso – Upper Volta
Cote d Ivoire – Ivory Coast
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Trinidad and Tobago
Central African Republic
countries whose citizens have the opportunity
to issue an electronic business and a visa for the treatment of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Republic of Kazakhstan