In addition, the President of Kazakhstan was presented with the concept of modernizing Almaty’s Central Stadium, as well as plans for developing sports infrastructure for track and field athletics in the city.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has also talked with young athletes attending the academy of Kairat Football Club, and asked about their achievements in sports and studies.
– All conditions have been created for effective sport activities in our country. Kazakhstan demonstrates excellent results in international competitions of the highest level. We have Olympic champions in boxing, wrestling, swimming, track and field athletics and other sports, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan also noted that in all regions of the country a complex reconstruction of stadiums took place and the system support of the state to football’s growth is given.
At the end of the meeting, Nursultan Nazarbayev wished good health and bright victories to young athletes.
The President of Kazakhstan stressed the importance of creating comfortable conditions and improving the quality of the services provided to passengers as part of the airpot’s comprehensive modernization.
September 21, 2017
Statement on the results of a working visit to Almaty and the Almaty region
Summarizing the working trip, Nursultan Nazarbayev spoke about the situation in Almaty and Almaty region.
– I would like to note that the akimat of Almaty city together with the public is carrying out fruitful activities aimed at systemic improvement of the infrastructure, creation of favorable conditions for comfortable living of residents. The complex reconstruction of Panfilov and Zhibek Zholy streets has already been carried out, within the framework of which convenient walking areas for pedestrians have been created. It is also necessary to continue work on gardening the city and ensure the full functioning of the irrigation system. Two new districts have been established in the city: Alatau and Nauryzbaysky, where all the necessary conditions for doing business have been created. This is where the “points of growth” of entrepreneurial activity are now.
In general, Almaty was formed as the largest economic center and became a modern Kazakhstani megapolis of world level. During the years of independence, the city’s economy indicators grew rapidly and reached high values. According to the data provided to me, today the economy of Almaty is twice as large as Georgia’s GDP and almost five times that of Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. This is an indicator of the successful development of not only the city, but the country as a whole. Now Almaty is a donor of the republican budget and demonstrates the best indicators of small and medium business across the country, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
In addition, the Head of State noted that a lot of work was being done in the Almaty region. In particular, the socio-economic development of the region is carried out at a faster pace, especially in construction, transport and transit and agriculture.
In conclusion, the Head of State wished the city of Almaty and Almaty region prosperity and successful development.
September 21, 2017
Visit to the Fund of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy in Almaty
Within the framework of the visit, the Head of State was presented with a report on the activities of the Fund for 8 months of the current year, implemented projects and plans for its further development.
– Since 2017, we have largely restructured the work of the Foundation. In accordance with the program “Digital Kazakhstan”, the projects “Smart Zholy” and “Method PRO” were developed and implemented. The uniqueness of the projects is to create a relationship between a large number of talented beginner programmers scattered throughout Kazakhstan and consumers of the final product – large domestic and foreign companies. The Fund plans to continue to support professionals in the field of IT-technologies, – said the Fund’s Executive Director K. Jumabaev.
Further, Nursultan Nazarbayev was told about the projects and prospects of the Institute of World Economy and Politics under the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy Foundation. In particular, the director of the Institute E. Saltybaev reported on one of the key directions of his activity – the development of the Astana Club, which is a unique expert-analytical platform throughout the Eurasian region.
In turn, the President of Kazakhstan stressed the need for a systematic strengthening of the Institute of World Economy and Policy.
– The Institute should not be limited to the existing framework. It is necessary to go out to the international level and comprehensively cover meetings with the world’s leading scientists, “said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
Separately, the Head of State dwelled on the conceptual basis of the activities of the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy.
– We must clearly maintain the general line of the Foundation – it is the promotion of Kazakhstan at the international level, the improvement of the country’s image, the support of talented youth in the country and effective interaction with the expert community. An important area of work should also be activities to combat the proliferation of nuclear weapons, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
Переводчик Google для бизнеса –Инструменты переводчикаПереводчик сайтов
20 September 2017
Visiting Almaty and Almaty region
Meeting on development of Almaty city
Opening the meeting, the Head of State noted that Almaty is today the financial, cultural and scientific center of Kazakhstan.
– For a quarter of a century the city’s economy grew 100-fold, the volume of production in the sphere of small and medium-sized business increased 130-fold, the area of the city and housing stock increased 2-fold. We are witnessing the transition from the era of competition between countries to competition between cities. Today 600 cities produce 2/3 of world GDP, – said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The President of Kazakhstan noted the improving infrastructure of Almaty – over the past two years, 100 thousand trees were planted in the city, 42 km of the irrigation network were rebuilt, more than 60 km of bicycle paths were built. He also drew attention to the increase in the number of tourists visiting the city.
– Today every second foreign tourist visits Almaty. The city has a well-developed network of hotels, theaters, museums and sports facilities. This year, there is an increase in the number of tourists, including through the holding of the international exhibition EXPO-2017. Its successful holding raised the authority not only of Astana and Almaty, but of the whole of Kazakhstan as a whole, “Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The head of state stressed that Almaty will forever remain the golden cradle of our Independence.
– Here the fateful decisions for the country were made. The Constitution was adopted, state symbols were approved, and the national currency was introduced. At the same time, the transfer of the capital gave a powerful impetus to the development of Almaty. The presence in the country of a strong political center and a large metropolis is characteristic for many developed countries, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
The head of state also noted that the foundation of prosperity of any city is the sustainable development of its economy. Of particular importance, this is gaining in the light of the beginning of a new stage in the development of the country.
– We announced the beginning of the Third Modernization of the country, conducted a constitutional reform on the transfer of power, launched the process of transforming public consciousness, the program “Digital Kazakhstan” is being developed. Effective implementation of these initiatives depends largely on the regions. Almaty plays a key role here. The city was formed as the largest economic center of the country and a key donor of the republican budget, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
At the same time, Nursultan Nazarbayev emphasized the importance of balanced development and the need for a systemic solution of a number of issues affecting the economic potential of Almaty.
– Earlier this year, I instructed all regions to ensure the active development of mass, including family business. Now in Almaty, small and medium-sized businesses are financed mainly through bank loans. At the same time this year, the volume of bank loans to small businesses is reduced by 43%. The volume of business support from the side of the akimat and the Damu Fund is only two percent, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan also instructed to ensure the conclusion of the shadow business in the legal sphere of activity.
“The city legalizes property and money for four trillion tenge, which should give an additional increase in tax revenues by about KZT 100 billion,” the Head of State said.
Separately, Nursultan Nazarbayev dwelled on the need to continue work on identifying hidden reserves of growth and inadequate use of potential in the sphere of public-private partnership. Attention was also focused on reducing the volume of innovative products, which was halved.
– All major universities of the country are concentrated in Almaty, including the largest technical university named Satpayev. However, we do not see serious innovative developments. Here the akimat together with the interested state bodies should take all necessary measures, – the Head of the State said.
In particular, to ensure the growth of innovations, Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed to the need to make maximum use of the potential of the FEZ PIT “Alatau”.
– 20 billion tenge was invested in its construction from the budget, and only 22 billion private investments were attracted for 12 years of FEZ work. Akimat does not affect its work. It’s time to put order in this issue, ensuring effective control over the work of the FEZ, “the President of Kazakhstan noted.
The head of state also recalled the industrial zone created in Almaty.
– For today 40 projects for the amount of 191 billion tenge have been registered in it. So far only one project has been launched, 13 are under construction, and the rest is just undergoing preparatory work. I instruct the akim to increase the occupancy of the industrial zone with new projects, – said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
One of the most important issues in the successful development of the city the Head of State called effective infrastructure.
– Over the past five years, more than 430 billion tenge has been invested in its development from the budget. 30 junctions were constructed, 330 kilometers of engineering networks were introduced
Visit to the akimat and the complex of administrative buildings of the Nauryzbaysky district
The head of state visited a new administrative and business center of the Nauryzbaysky district as part of his working visit to Almaty.
The President of Kazakhstan was informed that when building a new district of Almaty, the use of building materials of Kazakhstan production reached 95% of the level. It was built 2 schools, 3 polyclinics, 17 sports and playgrounds. Construction of 33 kindergartens was carried out on the principles of public-private partnership. An important infrastructure achievement in the development of the district has become a 100% gas supply.
In addition, Akim of the Nauryzbaysky District S. Sayfedenov reported to the Head of State on 11-fold increase in tax revenues, an increase in the number of small and medium-sized businesses fourfold and the successful development of the district as part of the strategy of polycentricity in Almaty.
– With the opening of the new administrative center, all public services are provided in one place. Soon there will be new sports and cultural facilities, housing and kindergartens are being built, “the akim of the district said.
At the end of the visit, the Head of State had a talk with the members of the Veterans Council of the district.
– The growth of the population of Almaty requires a corresponding increase in its area. Three years ago it was decided to create a new Nauryzbaysky district. During this time, a lot has already been done to create the corresponding infrastructure. The necessary measures will also be taken to organize a convenient and fast transport connection with the city center, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
In turn, on behalf of the district community members of the Council of Veterans thanked Nursultan Nazarbayev for the positive changes that have occurred in these three years since the creation of the district.
The new administrative and business center of the Nauryzbaysky district has local akimat, the court, the prosecutor’s office, the CSC, the registrar’s office, Kazpost, the pension payment center, the state revenue department, the judiciary and other significant structures and organizations.