August 14, 2017
Meeting with members of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council
with the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan B.Sagintayev, Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia K.Karapetyan, Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus A.Kobyakov, Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic S.Zhenenbekov, Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation D.Medvedev, Chairman of the Board Eurasian Economic Commission T. Sargsyan.
The head of state greeted the members of the Eurasian intergovernmental council in the capital of Kazakhstan, noting that the time of the meeting had successfully coincided with the work of the international exhibition EXPO-2017 in Astana.
– The heads of the governments have a good opportunity to visit their national pavilions, as well as exhibition expositions of Kazakhstan and other countries. I wanted to note that the Eurasian Economic Union has been working for the third year already, and this time is conditioned by the difficult situation both in the world and in the national economies of the EEA member countries. The main factor is the creation of a common market, a single economic structure, “said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The President of Kazakhstan stressed that the growth of the economy directly affects the increase in the level of trade turnover and the improvement of relations between the countries.
– I think that we moved all the time in the right direction. Despite the existing issues, we need to strengthen our Eurasian Economic Union. Now we have a task to ensure that our internal issues, the relations between our countries, have their development in the future. The main role in this work is assigned to the governments: the solution of economic problems, the settlement of issues of interaction between states, – summed up the Head of State.
In conclusion, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted that today’s meeting will make a significant contribution to the further development of the organization, and also wished the participants a fruitful work.
August 14, 2017
Meeting with the Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev
The Head of State greeted the Prime Minister of the Russian Federation and noted the importance of holding such a meeting in the current economic conditions.
In his turn, D.Medvedev thanked Nursultan Nazarbayev for the opportunities to discuss topical issues of cooperation within the framework of the EAEC and expressed his hope for the further development of bilateral relations between Kazakhstan and Russia.
– We rejoice at the successes of the friendly Kazakhstan in connection with the exhibition “EXPO-2017”. This is indeed a great event for you, and for our union as a whole. Today we are discussing current economic issues within the framework of the Eurasian intergovernmental council. I want to thank you for the excellent working conditions and express the hope that our bilateral relations will develop as well and steadily as it was in recent years, “said the Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation.
Meeting with the Chairman of the National Bank Daniyar Akishev
During the meeting, the Head of State presented a report of the National Bank on the results of activities to improve the financial sector of the country.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that the policy of a freely floating exchange rate of the national currency continues to work and emphasized the task of the National Bank to prevent inflation.
Also D. Akishev reported to Nursultan Nazarbayev about the current situation in the currency and financial markets.
– The situation as a whole is stable. The exchange rate after the fluctuations in early August, which took place under the influence of certain factors, both internal and external, has now stabilized. There are no grounds for concern, “said the Chairman of the National Bank.
At the end of the meeting, the Head of State gave a number of instructions.
Meeting with Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic Sooronbai Jeenbekov
During the meeting, the Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan thanked the Head of State for the opportunity to meet and congratulated on the successful holding of the large-scale international exhibition EXPO-2017.
– I want to thank you personally for the support provided to the Kyrgyz Republic. We always feel the support of fraternal Kazakhstan at your level and at the level of the Government of the country, “said S.Zhenenbekov.
The President of Kazakhstan in his speech noted that the basis of cooperation between the two countries is not the relationship between the heads of state, but the historical community of the two peoples and the trust between them.
– We are neighbors, fraternal peoples. I will always, as far as possible, provide the necessary assistance and assistance for the successful future of Kyrgyzstan. For economic development, political stability is important. We will always be together with the Kyrgyz people. In Kyrgyzstan, presidential elections are coming, and we will work with the President whom the Kyrgyz people will choose, “Nursultan Nazarbayev said.