9 April 2018
Meeting with the Minister of Education and Science Yerlan Sagadiyev
During the meeting, the Head of State was presented a report on the implementation of the State Program for the Development of Education and Science for 2016-2019.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the special role of the education system in the implementation of political, economic and social reforms in the country.
– In all the program documents we are implementing, including this year’s Message to the people of Kazakhstan, “New Opportunities in the Conditions of the Fourth Industrial Revolution” and “Rukhani Zharyrou”, and in the course of the unfolding digitalization, a key role is assigned to education. The guarantee of successful implementation of all these initiatives is a quality education, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
The Head of State stressed the timeliness of the reforms implemented in the country’s education system and separately focused on the process of transition to the teaching of certain subjects in English.
– The subjects in English will be taught in the upper grades. Not having trained children in English now, in the future we will not be able to provide full-fledged training. This is a requirement of the time to which parents should treat with understanding. At the same time, we should not forget about studying the Kazakh language, “said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
During the meeting, the Minister of Education and Science presented information on the progress of the tasks assigned to the Ministry within the framework of state and sectoral programs.
Yerlan Sagadiev reported on the interim results of work on improving the system of pre-school education.
– In 2018, the coverage of children with preschool education will be 95 percent. Basically, this is achieved through the construction of private kindergartens. Since 2019, unified standards for early development will be introduced. It is also worth noting that now it is possible to stand in line for kindergarten using the capabilities of mobile devices, – said the Minister of Education and Science.
In addition, E. Sagadiev informed the President of Kazakhstan about the results of the transition of schools to the updated content based on the experience of Nazarbayev intellectual schools.
The Minister of Education and Science also provided information on the progress of teacher training for individual subjects in English.
– In 2016, teaching in English was done by only 2,000 teachers. In the past year, applications for the passage of relevant courses were filed by 11.5 thousand people, about 3 thousand of them completed the course and began to teach. 8 thousand have continued their education and are moving to the required level. Thus, in 2019, 13.5 thousand school teachers will begin to teach four subjects in English, – said E. Sagadiev.
At the end of the meeting, the Head of State gave a number of specific instructions.
8 April 2018
Congratulations of the Head of State Nursultan Nazarbayev on Easter
From the bottom of the heart I congratulate on a bright holiday of Easter!
On this spring day, the hearts of people in different parts of the world are filled with special warmth, joy and hope. Symbolic Easter eternal values of love, kindness and mercy are equally close and dear to all the inhabitants of our country.
Peaceful work, tranquility and harmonious interaction of representatives of all faiths is the main wealth of Kazakhstan, which we need to carefully store and multiply.
In celebrating the renewal and belief in the best, this festive celebration is consonant with the spirit of transformations that are carried out in all spheres of our society. The high moral meaning of the Easter festival inspires us to do good deeds, thereby strengthening the humanistic foundations of our life.
May peace and peace be in your homes!
I wish everyone good health, happiness and prosperity!
5 April 2018
Meeting on the further development of the capital
Opening the meeting, the Head of State dwelled on the stages of the history of the construction and formation of Astana, especially noting the merits of all the participants in this process.
– We fulfilled the dream of our ancestors and built a capital in the heart of Saryarka. We managed to create a beautiful city and open it for the whole world. Astana became the pride of the whole people. A large number of people worked here tirelessly, despite the weather conditions, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev also stressed the special status and high authority of Astana on the world stage.
– In a short historical period we managed to create a real million metropolis with the appropriate infrastructure. Astana is a well-known city in the world, where the most important world events take place, which attract the attention of the entire globe, the Head of State said.
During the meeting, the report of the Astana akim Aset Isekeshev was heard, who reported on the implementation of projects for the development and transformation of urban infrastructure and the construction of social facilities. In particular, A.Isekeshev spoke about the implementation of digital technologies in healthcare, construction of housing facilities, implementation of social projects, the introduction of a new energy model and the implementation of works aimed at improving the environmental situation in the city.
Having heard the report, the President of Kazakhstan positively assessed the achievement of a number of economic indicators, including the volume of attracted investments, development of small and medium business.
– Astana is the fastest growing city in our country. The number of citizens has exceeded 1 million people. Along with the growing number of residents, housing construction is gaining momentum. In 20 years, commissioned 20 million square meters of housing, 53 new schools and 26 hospitals, “said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The Head of State underlined the important role of Astana in the further prosperity of the country and certain sectors of its economy.
– The decision to build the city was right. Astana has become a new point of further development of the economy, the growth of the population, the development of science, technology and innovation. All funds for its construction have already been returned, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev urged all Kazakhstani people not to stop on the achieved results and continue working within the framework of the Message to the people of Kazakhstan “New Development Opportunities in the Conditions of the Fourth Industrial Revolution” and the document “Five Social Initiatives of the President”.
At the same time, the Head of State separately dwelt on issues that require increased attention of the city administration and authorized state bodies.
In particular, the President of Kazakhstan instructed to conduct awareness-raising work among representatives of small and medium-sized businesses regarding the rules for the use of summer trading platforms.
Nursultan Nazarbayev also pointed out the inefficient use of agricultural land and noted the existing problems with the organization of places of wholesale and retail sales (markets).
In addition, the Head of State dwelled on the issues of ensuring food security, the effective use of tourist facilities, the use of the video monitoring system “Serghek”, addressing the issue of dilapidated and dilapidated housing, and also noted the importance of the strategic development of the megacities of the country.
– Until 2050 the population of Almaty should reach 2.5 million people, Astana – 2 million people, Shymkent – 1.5 million people. These cities will turn into growth points where world-class services will be provided. Other cities also need to have their own development programs. The government needs to study this issue, – said the President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed to the need to ensure timely control in the sphere of housing and communal services and instructed to study the issue of creating parking spaces in the city.
The head of state focused on the issue of ensuring the safety of people in public places, reminding those present about the tragedy in the city of Kemerovo.
The President of Kazakhstan noted the expediency of applying the best practices of the exhibition “EXPO-2017” in the field of energy supply, and instructed to work out the issue of creating a gasification system within the city.
During the meeting, issues related to the development of the transport infrastructure and the construction of the light rail network (LRT), the construction of leisure facilities and educational facilities, the solution of environmental problems of the city and waste processing were also discussed.
At the end of the meeting, Nursultan Nazarbayev was shown an experimental electric bus of the brand “IVECO Heuliz”.