6 July 2018
Participation in the solemn reception on the occasion of the celebration of the 20th anniversary of Astana
Astana, the Palace of Independence
The solemn reception was also attended by the presidents of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Tajikistan and the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Speaking with a welcoming speech, the Head of State congratulated all Kazakhstanis on the 20th anniversary of Astana.
Nursultan Nazarbayev emphasized the special importance of the words “Kazakhstan”, “Independence” and “Astana” for every citizen of the country.
The head of state separately dwelt on the history of Astana and named the ancient town of Bozok a forerunner of the modern capital of Kazakhstan.
– Astana was the residence of Kazakh rulers, ranging from Yedige to Az-Tauke Khan. Capital archaeologists, who carried out research on my behalf, found the summer rate of Khan Az-Tauke near the village of Kuygenzhar on the bank of the Ishim River, “said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The Head of State thanked all the participants in the construction of the new capital of Kazakhstan and residents of all regions of the country for gifts for the anniversary of Astana.
– With the construction of Astana began a new century of Kazakhstan. First, since the first years of independence, all institutions of statehood have been established. Astana has become a new political center, recognizable in the world, – said the President of Kazakhstan.
Also, Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed that thanks to the newly gained independence and Astana Kazakhstan got world recognition.
The head of state noted that Astana, being the geostrategic center of Kazakhstan, allowed to form a new model of political, economic and social development.
– A new landscape aesthetics has been formed in the capital, uniting the city and the plain. Astana has become a center of peace and harmony for the whole world. The capital of Kazakhstan has become native to all the friendly and multiethnic people of our country, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
In addition, Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed out that Astana opened up opportunities for new migration processes in the country.
– For 20 years the population of the capital has grown 4 times and reached 1 million people. The whole country is proud of this city and is trying to be equal to it. Dynamic development of Astana has positively affected the economic growth of the regions, – said the Head of State.
The President of Kazakhstan stressed that Astana has developed its own special lifestyle, and noted the conditions created in the capital for comfortable living of citizens.
The head of state also dwelled on the achievements of Astana, which has become a place of generation of new ideas and innovations.
– The Astana Economic Forum is held in the capital, where topical issues of the world economy development are discussed. Astana has become a center where historic decisions are made that affect the further development of all mankind. Historical documents of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, CICA and the EEA, which have influenced social and economic growth throughout the world, were signed here, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev also spoke about the “Astana Declaration” adopted at the end of the OSCE Summit and the OIC Summit on Science and Technology.
– For twenty years Astana has become the epicenter of global integration, security and peacemaking. After the historic OSCE summit, the concept of “Spirit of Astana” firmly entered the world politics. Our constructive initiatives in the field of a nuclear-free world and a just world order contributed to the election of Kazakhstan as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council and the chairmanship of this authoritative organization, “the Head of State noted.
The President of Kazakhstan stressed that over the past 20 years, 22 monarchs, 180 presidents, 109 heads of government and 114 heads of international organizations visited Astana.
– Visits of heads of state and high-ranking officials are the most important indicator of friendly relations between countries. And every such visit increased the number of Astana’s friends all over the world, “Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The head of state spoke about personal friendship with leaders of leading foreign countries and their impressions of the capital of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev emphasized that Astana and Kazakhstan attract the hearts of many people and peoples.
The President of Kazakhstan noted the key role played by the capital of Kazakhstan in modernizing the economy in the conditions of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and integration of the country into the global economic space.
– The city dynamically joins the global technological trend of Industry 4.0. Over the years, the gross regional product has grown 190 times. And reached 5 trillion tenge in nominal terms, and in real terms it increased 5.5 times. The volume of investments for 20 years was almost
8 trillion tenge. In general, state investments in the development of the capital have paid off almost 2.5 times, – Nursultan Nazarbayev gave detailed information.
In conclusion, the Head of State once again congratulated the people of Kazakhstan on the 20th anniversary and wished everyone prosperity and development.
After the solemn reception the President of Kazakhstan took part in the festive gala concert dedicated to the anniversary of the capital.
July 4th, 2018
Meeting with Crown Prince Abu Dhabi, Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who arrived in Kazakhstan on an official visit
At the end of the official ceremony of the meeting, the parties discussed topical issues of cooperation and further development of ties between the two countries.
During the conversation, the Head of State, noting the strong and friendly relations between Kazakhstan and the UAE, thanked the Crown Prince for his official visit, despite the busy schedule.
– Thanks to warm bilateral relations, cooperation between business and state structures of our countries are developping. The volume of trade has doubled. We have reached agreements in the field of investment protection and taxation, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev also dwelled on the issues of further implementation of projects in the field of hydropower and the construction of a gas chemical complex.
The Head of State stressed the relevance of the work being carried out by the UAE on the development of science and technology, and also pointed out the effectiveness of the introduction of a visa-free regime between the two countries.
The President of Kazakhstan dwelled on the process of implementing social and infrastructure projects with the support of the UAE.
In turn, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi noted the friendly and close nature of the ties established by the efforts of Nursultan Nazarbayev and Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
– We have a brotherly relationship with you. We consider you an older brother, and we respect your rich life experience. Thirty years ago, no one expected the changes that took place in Kazakhstan. Today Kazakhstan is a leader country, one of the key states in the region. All this is achieved thanks to your wisdom and foresight, “said the Crown Prince.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan pointed to the importance of further deepening of bilateral relations and wished our country further prosperity and development.
During the meeting, the Head of State presented the Hereditary Prince of Abu Dhabi with the book of his father Shaykh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahayan “The Power of Unification”, published in Kazakhstan, and handed him the anniversary medal “20 years of Astana”.
Following the official visit of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the following bilateral documents were signed:
– Agreement between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the United Arab Emirates on the transfer of convicted persons;
– Agreement on cooperation in the sphere of culture between the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Culture and Development of Knowledge of the United Arab Emirates;
– Memorandum on cooperation between the Ministry of Information and Communications of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the International Center for the De-Radicalization of “Sauab”.
2 July 2018
Visit to the open exposition of the Museum of Missile and Space Technology
The head of state visited an open exposition of the rocket and space technology museum built by the Kyzylorda region in the framework of the project “Regions in gift to Astana”.
On the territory of the exposition Nursultan Nazarbayev had a talk with representatives of the public of Kyzylorda region.
During the inspection, the President of Kazakhstan presented the capabilities of the assembly and testing complex of space vehicles.
The Head of State noted the importance of the space industry for the development of science and new technologies.
– On my instructions, together with the French side, we launched a plant for the assembly of artificial Earth satellites. In the near future we will build our own satellites. We have our own launcher, by 2022 the Zenith rocket will be ready. Thus, our space industry is entering a new technological level, and Kazakhstan is becoming a full-fledged space power, “Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The museum is located on the territory of the National Space Center “Kazakhstan Karysh Sapary”. In the open exposition of the museum of rocket and space equipment donated for the 20th anniversary of the capital, models of Soyuz, Proton, Zenit launch vehicles, and the Buran orbiter are exhibited.
2 July 2018
Visiting the Botanical Garden
During the inspection of the new facilities of the capital, the Head of State visited the Botanical Garden, located on the left bank of Astana.
The President of Kazakhstan, after having a talk with the representatives of the youth labor group “Zhasyl El”, noted the importance of the ongoing work on landscaping the capital and entire Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev was represented by a greenhouse in the center of the Botanical Garden, as well as information on modern technologies used in her work.
Then, during the presentation, the Head of State spoke about the history of the transfer and the main stages of the construction of the new capital.
– Always said that around the forest can not grow. But today 83 thousand hectares of trees have been planted there, which have grown to 20-25 meters. Each year, the area of planted forests is increased by five thousand hectares. We want to connect this forest with the Shchuchinsk-Borovo resort zone, “said the President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed to the need for further development of the Botanical Garden, using the scientific potential of domestic and international specialized institutions.
During the visit, the Head of State was also shown one of the main ornaments of the Botanical Garden – a light and music fountain built by the East Kazakhstan region in the framework of the project “Regions as a gift to Astana”.
On the territory of the garden there are a bicycle path, a running track, sports coverings, a pedestrian bridge, an artificial reservoir. The total area of landscaping is more than 613 thousand square meters. Among the planted bushes and trees are collections from Europe, Asia and North America.