October 20, 2018
Meeting with presidents of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin and the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev
Saryagash, Turkestan region
During the informal meeting, the heads of state discussed topical issues of cooperation between countries, including in the trade, economic, cultural and humanitarian spheres.
In addition, issues of interaction between the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Uzbekistan within the CIS and other international organizations were touched upon. The parties also exchanged views on key aspects of the regional and international agenda.
October 19, 2018
Participation in the 12th Summit of the Asia-Europe Forum
Brussels, Kingdom of Belgium
Speaking at the plenary session of the Summit, the Head of State stressed that in conditions of heightened conflict and the growth of sanctions and trade wars, international politics reached a peak of tension.
“We need to use the current Asia-Europe Summit to solve these problems. Unfortunately, at the present stage in the world there is a lack of productive dialogue and understanding. We all witness the current economic and political confrontation, which can be compared with the Caribbean crisis of the 60s of the last century, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted that the Summit should urge the United States, Russia, China, as well as the European Union to search for solutions to existing differences in the world.
– The situation will only worsen, if not to deal with the settlement of problems in Syria, Ukraine and other countries. International terrorism will remain the main problem as long as there is a threat of the proliferation of ballistic missiles, the Head of State said.
In the context of the deteriorating situation in the world economy, the President of Kazakhstan pointed out that in some poor countries the situation is even more aggravated, and this represents a serious challenge for all humanity.
– The leaders of the countries found a common language after the Second World War, they also closely cooperated in the fight against terrorism. I urge the leaders of the United States, Russia, China, and the European Union to dialogue, and I suggest using the Astana negotiating platform to discuss topical issues. These issues may also be considered at the special session of the UN General Assembly, – Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In conclusion, the Head of State reaffirmed the readiness of Kazakhstan to take an active part in the partnership aimed at countering the global challenges of Asia and Europe.
October 17, 2018
Meeting with President of the Republic of Finland Sauli Niinistö
Helsinki, Republic of Finland
After the official welcoming ceremony, the heads of state discussed issues of bilateral relations in narrow and extended formats.
The President of Kazakhstan thanked the President of the Republic of Finland for the traditionally warm welcome and stressed that the approaches and principles of the two countries in considering regional and international issues are similar.
– Finland and Kazakhstan are the states that are trusted. An example of this is the important meeting recently held in your country between President Donald Trump and President Vladimir Putin of the Russian Federation. Similar events are also taking place in Kazakhstan, including on the settlement of the Syrian conflict. We discuss various topics. All this is because we are states that maintain equal relations with everyone. Our countries do not have conflicts with their neighbors, – Nursultan Nazarbayev stated.
The President of Kazakhstan indicated that Suomi is a key trade, economic and investment partner of Kazakhstan in Northern Europe, and noted that our country accounts for 90% of Finland’s trade with Central Asia.
“Both our countries have significant potential for further deepening of interaction, therefore it is necessary to accelerate the work of the working groups in the fields of energy, transport, agriculture and education created during the meeting of the intergovernmental commission and start discussing specific projects,” the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev separately focused on the results of the meeting with representatives of business circles of Finland and noted the importance of the documents signed during the past business forum.
– We have agreed to launch completely new projects, the implementation of which will strengthen our cooperation. I propose to instruct our governments to take control of the implementation of the agreements reached, the President of Kazakhstan said.
In turn, the President of Finland welcomed the Head of State and noted that the last bilateral meeting was held during the successfully held international exhibition EXPO-2017 in Astana.
– Since then, our bilateral trade and economic relations have advanced even further. I hope that your visit will contribute to their further deepening. I am always very interested in your views on the events taking place in the world. Today, smart opinions and deep assessments are very much needed, ”said Sauli Niinisto.
At the end of the meeting, the parties also discussed issues of bilateral cooperation in the field of agriculture, green finance, energy, science and education, cultural and humanitarian contacts.
October 17, 2018
Visit to the Kingdom of Belgium
Brussels, Kingdom of Belgium
The head of state arrived in Brussels to attend the 12th Summit of the Asia-Europe Forum (ASEM).
During the visit, Nursultan Nazarbayev will hold a series of top-level bilateral talks, as well as meet with representatives of European business circles.